It’s hard to believe that 2015 is coming to a close. I’ve done so many things this year that truly make it one for the books.
First and foremost, this year I started this blog. It’s something that I had been wanting to do for a long time, and I’m so glad that I took the plunge and put myself out there. This blog has allowed to me to meet new people, and experience so many new things. I’m so grateful for all of my followers, and am happy that I can be a source of fashion, travel and lifestyle inspiration to them daily.
Another amazing experience from 2015 was visiting two new countries – Croatia and Spain. We hiked up and down hills to visit secluded beaches, drank way too much Croatian beer, ate my body weight in food, and enjoyed the most beautiful beach sunsets everyday. It was such an amazing experience, and I’m so glad that I was able to explore these new places with Nick and my family.
Looking ahead to 2016, I’m looking to make a few positive changes in my life, even if they’re small, every step is one step in the right direction.
- Travel More – Even if it’s visiting a new U.S. state, I want to make it a point to visit new places and experience new things in the coming year. A wise person once told me that people can take everything away from you, but they can never take away the experiences that you gain when you travel.
- Volunteer – There are so many different places to volunteer, whether it be a soup kitchen, planting trees for the community, or being a pen pal, we can all find ways to help each other to make everyone’s life a bit better. I’m so fortunate to have the life that I have, and want to be able to help out those that are less fortunate.
- Eat Healthy – I feel that this is one of the many resolutions that everyone has each year, and it’s a lot harder than it sounds. I didn’t eat very well in 2015, I mean who likes saying no to cheese fries? NO ONE! So, this is something that I want to make a point to improve upon – whether it’s preparing healthy snacks for the day, or waking up early to make that smoothie, I want to take little steps to improve my eating so that I can be healthier in the long run.
- Hit the Gym – This is another generic resolution, but it’s an important one for your health. Although I will never make it to the 7am spin class, I still can take little steps everyday to exercise, like walking halfway home after work, jogging up my apartment stairs (5 flights really is a workout!), or hitting the 30 minute abs class 3 times a week.
- Take a Class – I love learning new things, and while I do feel that I do this at work everyday, I still would love to take the time to learn something out of my field, to expand my mind.
- Improve the Blog – Since I just started this blog in 2015, I’d love to devote more time to it in the coming year. There are so many things that I’d love to improve upon, like posting a few more times a week or doing something more adventurous for my next blog shoot. I want to make it a point to devote more time to it.
- Get out of my Comfort Zone – This is something that I want to do in all aspects of my life – the blog, my style, etc. I want to try new things, and not be afraid to try them. It’s a hard thing to do, but something that will ultimately help to make you a better person, and a more adventurous one at that.
- Save Money! – My love of fashion and food has its downsides, especially when it comes to my bank account. In 2016, I want to make a point to save money for the future, as well as things that really matter to me, like traveling or putting it towards a class.
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year, and that you’re able to stick to all of your New Year’s resolutions!